Sunday May 13th Mother’s Day Walk Across The Brooklyn Bridge
On Mother’s Day 2012 in New York City, hundreds of people with be gathering to celebrate women who have overcome domestic violence by participating in the First Annual Mother’s Day Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, benefiting Milagros Day Worldwide.
- 10AM meeting at Park Row and Centre Street, Manhattan
- 11AM walking across the Brooklyn Bridge in silence
- 12 to 2PM Reception/Mini Concert at Cadman Plaza Park
- Producer Genco Chaviano, Event Planner Fleriser Bello
- Hosted by International Model, Actress and Film Producer Adriana Cataño
- Manhattan side Opening Remarks: Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer
- Brooklyn side Opening Remarks: Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz
- Entertainment by Scarlett Santana, Pablito Drum, and K-Company
- Inspiring remarks by Global Motivational Speaker Karen Hoyos
More about Milagros Day Worldwide:
Milagros Day Worldwide is a Non-Profit Organization that provides personal growth and professional development to Survivors of Domestic Violence. Our flagship program, the Transformation & Leadership Academy, is a six-month immersion coaching program for women who have recently left an abusive relationship and are ready to take their lives to the next level of success in four key areas: Spirituality, Abundance, Love and Contribution.
The National Institute of Justice states that:
- One (1) out of every four (4) women will experience an incident of Domestic Violence throughout their lifetime; everyday in the US, more than three women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends.
- Up to ten (10) million children witness some form of Domestic Violence each year; nearly 1 in 5 teenage girls who have been in a relationship said a boyfriend threatened violence or self-harm if presented with a breakup.
- The costs of intimate partner violence in the United States exceed $5.8 billion per year: $4.1 billion are for direct medical and health care services, while productivity losses acount for nearly $1.8 billion.
The Milagros Day Transformation & Leadership Academy (MDLTA) uses the principles of ReCreation, ReEducation and Responsibility to empower Domestic Violence Survivors and change their belief about who they are and what they deserve, give them practical skills in the areas of finance and romance, and help them to discover their life’s purpose so that they can become a contribution to the world.
***If you’re interested in Sponsorship Opportunities for this event, please firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP!***